Wednesday, February 29, 2012

-let love explode-

I read this a lot, I’ve been meaning/trying to blog etc…and really I feel the same. It’s been on my mind and I’ve actually logged in almost daily but have yet to put something together. These last few weeks my life has been overtaken by well, life. Work, sickness, disorganization, unexpected circumstances do what they do and it creates a disruption and sometimes, in my case, it creates a cloud of uncertainty. I’m all for introspection, its kinda my M.O. but sometimes I get caught in the current and it’s all consuming. The only focus is “Me, Myself, and I”. In those times I want to write, almost like a release but I’m afraid it’ll be too much. Too selfish. Too depressing. Too revealing. I feel guilty just thinking about it, but it happens and sometimes I allow it to, while other s I didn’t even notice it set in until I was far gone in its midst. Today I woke of feeling “lighter”. For those of you that have ever had days with things out of focus there really are no words when it finds you again.

What’s really incredible is that I can manage to overlook my incredible circumstances time and time again. You know what? I woke up this morning. I was able to get out of bed and ready unassisted. I had food options for nourishment and preference this morning, of course preference won. I went outside and got into my reliable, comfortable car and drove to a job that frankly I’m pretty good at, happen to enjoy and it even pays the bills. Now all the other stuff that was obscuring my perspective has faded into the fog and good riddance.

This song has been on my heart and I happened to hear it while driving this morning (see playlist below) and it brought on so much intense emotion. The kind of feeling you get deep within without effort or permission. Music is my thing. I love so many aspects about it especially the connection it brings. To all of you dealing with the human condition today, I pray you get that glimpse of light and a moment to catch your breath and recklessly love.

1 comment:

  1. I had them same realization the other day. Takes you out of the moment and into thankfulness. Missing you!

    ReplyDelete